Updated: Jun 24, 2021
Packed with flavor and very easy to make. A great dish for now or later as it can keep in the freezer and be dethawed easily. All ingredients highlighted are available at the farm on market pick up days or can be ordered in advance online.
2-3pc garlic scapes sliced thinly
1clove garlic minced
3tbsp pine nuts
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2tsp of salt
1/2c Italian olive oil
1/2c young pecorino
* Slice garlic scapes thinly starting at flower end until you hit the fibrous part. Discard fibrous part.
* Mince garlic clove
* Pulse garlic clove and scapes in a food processor. Scrape down sides with rubber spatula.
* Add pine nuts, lemon zest, salt and olive oil. Pulse until combined but still chunky
* Add arugula and pecorino and pulse until combined.
* Serve with your favorite pasta, roasted chicken for grilled summer squash and top with arugula flowers
You can also prepare this recipe with a mortar and pestle and get great results.